Psytronik Software are pleased to announce that Mars, their new space themed management simulation game, is now available as a digital download release from their Itch.io page.
Developed by Sputnik World, Mars (also referred to Marte in Spanish) will see you take on the role as a mission commander leading a team of 8 crew members on a mission to the Red Planet. You will need to keep the health of your 8 crew members as stable as possible as you issue various orders to solve the numerous problems faced across the long trip to Mars.
Having actually played Mars for a few days now, we can say that the game is somewhat of a refreshing change to the flood of platform games that have proliferated the C64 platform of late.
Mars is well presented with some very nice graphics . The game primarily takes place on a single mission control screen, where you wait for a mission event to occur and it is at this point of time where you need to work out the right command to give. Issue the right command and you will see the top left panel updated, depicting that the mission is progressing. Get it wrong and you are met with silence. Taking too long to issue the right command will result in a mission failure.
The intensity within the game builds as you are constantly monitoring the health of each of your crew members while trying to progress the mission. If a crew member’s health gets too low then you want to send them to infirmary to recover. Ignoring their health will result in the crew member’s death, putting the entire mission to Mars at risk.
If you want to find out more about Mars, check out the video below that describes the game play in greater detail.
In addition to the digital released, Mars became available in a physical edition on a pre-order basis during the middle of January and is available in multiple formats:
- The COLLECTOR’S EDITION will be presented in a gorgeous glossy box with full colour artwork on all sides. The box will contain the game on disk, instruction manual, artwork poster, badge, keyring + more bonus goodies!
- The PREMIUM PLUS DISK EDITION of the game will be presented on a 5.25″ floppy disk with full colour double-sided artwork in a clear plastic disk case.
- The BUDGET DISK EDITION will feature a 5.25″ floppy disk presented in a full colour glossy disk-sleeve with a vinyl disk label and printed instruction manual.
You can grab your copy of Mars from:
- Physical Editions: http://www.psytronik.net/newsite/index.php/c64/116-marte
- Digital Edition: https://psytronik.itch.io/mars