If you are into electronics and have an MSX computer asking for new accessories, now you can build many of the hardware projects designed by the Russian Bear Service Crew.
The RBSC has released the sources for several of their MSX hardware projects. This includes the schematics, board design files, Gerber files for board manufacturing, parts lists, BIOS images and so on. The following hardware sources are currently availably publicly:
- Carnivore Multi Flash ROM SCC cartridge
- FDD+IDE dual BIOS controller cartridge (CF card version)
- FMPAC+F4 port internal board for Yamaha computers
- VRAM expansion board for Yamaha MSX1 computers
- RGB to S-Video/Composite video converter board (Zefisha)
The license to use the material is clear that commercial use is allowed only after the written permission from the RBSC. The production of batches of the products charging only for the cost of production and shipment is allowed, though.
Source: MSX Resource Centre