As an NES aficionado and amateur coder, I recently participated in NESmaker‘s 2019 BYTE-OFF competition. As a VITNO exclusive, I’m offering you the chance to play my submitted NES game — OFFICE HERO!
To sweeten the deal, I’m offering prizes to the first few players who can beat the game and find all 8 exits to win the game. What are the prizes? I assure you that they’re going to be old skool NES-themed and that recipients will NOT be disappointed.
This contest is open to everyone in the world, and ends as soon as I run out of prizes to give away. Here are a few screenshots from the game:
Can you successfully sneak out of work before the timer runs out? Can you evade your coworkers long enough to find your way out? Are you clever enough to find all 8 exits?
Here’s the instruction manual:
Okay, this sounds really fun! How do I win something?
- Download the game. Read the manual.
- Download Mesen 0.9.7 or FCEUX 2.2.3. (or any other NES emulator that supports Mapper 30)
- Create 8 different videos of you completing the game with each different exit. Most NES emulators have a video recording function.
- Upload the 8 videos to your youtube channel or some other video streaming service. (We will also accept a montage video of you finishing the game 8 different ways.)
- Go to our contact form and send us a message (subject: OFFICE HERO) with a link to your video(s).
- Winners will be selected (first come, first served) by a panel of VITNO staff members. You will be notified by e-mail if you have won.
If you liked this game, tell you friends! (it’s free to download and play)
If you REALLY liked this game, fill out this survey and let NESmakers know how you feel… and maybe I’ll turn demo into a full game.
Want to get a hold of him? Got a comment or question for Justin? Want to collaborate on an app? Reach out to him care of our contact form.
By the way, Justin is the author of this fantastic 3D fanzine about DC comics computer games from the eighties. He still has a few left in stock! Reach out to him at email@example.com to order one before they’re all gone!