Possible the best thing to appear on the C64 scene has finally happened!
You know how much you loved playing Commando on the Commodore 64 back in the day when you was a nipper, sipping cherryade and nomming custard creams mum laid out on a plate for you and your best friend. Ahh those were the days :)
Skip forward 29 years to the year 2014, you are now an adult with a beer belly and a beard, yeah you may have changed physically but your love for Commodore and that specific C64 game Commando has grown even stronger, and you still have your original Commodore 64 computer albeit slightly yellowed but still loading tapes just fine :) You have mastered and completed the game since you was a kid and the game seems maybe all too familiar now, due to excessively playing it over and over .. But what if you could play it again with better graphics, different music and lots of cool changes to the game? Wow that would be just delightful wouldn’t it?
Well wait no longer cause Nostalgia have made the year 2014 the best year ever for Commodore 64 fans! Yes that’s right folks, Commando has been revamped and we are mindblown with the the new changes you can choose from on this ‘New and Improved’ version of Commando for your beloved Commodore 64 computer.
When a group like Nostalgia go quiet on CSDb, it’s usually something big in the making and boy they didn’t disappoint us, check out the specs below for the new Commando :)
* 5 new levels added. Game now has total of 8 levels like arcade
* New Barracks, Hangar, Chopper, Level transition, etc. graphics
* New Level features
* New glitch-free Sprite multiplexer
* New Scroller
* Chopper that drops you onto the battle field and picks you up
* Level Transition screen animations
* Score, Lives and Bomb counter fixes
* Code bug fixes – no more crashes
* High Scores in attract mode
* Game Over sequence added
* Two new Sound modes with new SFX and new tunes by 6R6
* Loading screen (by STE’86) and Loading tune (by 6R6) added
* Pause added with Quit option
* Easyflash version with High Score saver to flash and backup to disk
* Universal File version that should work on any device
* IFFL version with REU support
* PAL and NTSC supported
Remember … press SPACE to select new Sound modes. You can long press FIRE to fire grenades.