Part 11 of this “best-seller” blog post series is out, bringing more of his Tetris game coding with 6502 Assembler.
Wiebo de Wit mentioned on his post that his code has changed so much during his process to write the article that he decide to only talk about the highlights.
These are the changes he will cover:
- Modified the input routines to set a control value instead of performing the controls themselves
- Edited play.asm to read the control value and do the movement, also needed a rearrangement of the logic
- Moved the block movement routines to blocks.asm
- Added the attract mode screens
- Modified the pause screen to use the new screen data movement
- Added the difficulty select screen
Read the complete article heading over Wiebo’s website.