To celebrate the new home brewers using the tool, the The New 8-bit Heroes have launched Byte-off!, a game designed competition.
To enter the compo, the contestant has to create a original game for the Nintendo Entertainment System using NESmaker and submit it until 11:59PM of MARCH 10th, 2019 – Just a month away!
The games will run for eight categories:
- Best Game – Awarded to the
best reviewedgame by the panel of judges.
- Best Art – Awarded to the game with the best use of pixel art.
- Best Soundtrack – Awarded to the game with the best chip-tune soundtrack.
- Best Narrative – Awarded to the game with the most compelling story.
- Best Supporting Art – Awarded to the game with the best cover art, manual, concept art & design
- Audience Choice – Awarded to the best reviewed game by fans
- The New 8-bit Hero – Awarded to the most helpful member of the community
- The Wombat – Awarded to the most surprising, unique, or unexpected game created
The best games will be featured at upcoming events that The New 8-bit Heroes, including SXSW and GDC, as well as several other upcoming retro game conventions. Not too shabby!
To learn more about the contest, read the rules and how to submit your game, click the link below.