Paulo Peccin has announced the immediate availability of his WebMSX, a MSX emulator that runs directly on your browser.
If you frown when you hear “browser-based”, you will change your mind. WebMSX is amazingly fast and fully-featured and with the new features of the version 2.0, it gets even better. Check the changelog below:
- 9 Generic machines (MSX1, MSX2, MSX2+). NTSC 60Hz or PAL 50Hz
- PSG, SCC, SCC-I, FM-PAC and MSX-MUSIC sound
- Cross platform HTML5/JS. Runs in any Browser, tested in Chrome/Firefox
- Put games or any MSX software in webpages easily
- Run it locally with a single HTML file, no install needed
- Play Cartridge ROMs, Disk and Tape images
- Powerful Drag & Drop system for loading media files
- Load several disks at once and easily switch disks
- “Files as Disk” and “ZIP as Disk” emulation
- Savestates support. Export and share Savestate files
- Keyboard, Gamepad and Mouse controllers with auto-detection
- Easily toggle extensions like SCC, PAC, DOS2, etc.
- Adjustable speed, Pause and Frame-by-frame advance
- Copy & Paste text, Screen Capture, Debug modes
- Resizable Screen, Full Screen mode
You can test it following the link below. I recommend you search for some disk images of your favourite games and apps and give it a try. You won’t be disappointed!